Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hump Day - Thai Style

Well, we're firmly in the middle of my birthday week. It's Saturday in case any of you have forgotten!!!

And poor little Nicole, 8 years old and so full of life it continually overflows all over the house - doesn't understand one bit why I get an entire week for my birthday.

And I can't really expain it to her where it would make sense. Which got me to thinking........

"Why do I get a week for my birthday"?

The answer is, or course, that I just take it.

It's that simple.

It may be the only thing I will celebrate all year for me so I just take it. And I'm sure I make everyone around me sick with it - but alas, in a life lived as mine has been it's good to take a little every once in a while!

I am very fortunate that my beautiful and wonderful wife plays along. She has gotten me a gift for each day of the week with the most incredible notes - notes that I will save and cherish for all eternity.

I sometimes have to pinch myself when I read these things she writes because it is still beyond my comprehension as to how I "got" this woman.

She is amazingly wonderful and beautiful and sexy and she simply makes my legs turn to jello each and every day. She has no idea that just being with her is all I ever really need in my life and how lucky I feel because I get to do that.

She has no idea that just seeing her sends chills down my spine and they sprial into my nether regions in pulses that make a man feel like a man.

She certainly doesn't understand that I hate going to work simply because she's not there. She thinks all that stuff is silly and I'm a hopeless romantic.

And she may be right. But it's still very, very true.

I live to love this woman and it has made me happier than I ever dared dream I could be.

So tonight I get treated to some wonderful Thai food for my Hump Day Present. But more than that, I'll get an hour of uninterupted conversation looking into the eyes of the woman that makes me so very happy.

So ain't I a lucky birthday boy???

Peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy humpbirthday sappy boy. Love ya.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday week!

I love to read about how much you love your sweet wife! Makes me so happy that the two you ended up together...

And hooray for Thai food! We recently discovered the "drunken noodles" and oh so yummy they are.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah--how did you get P to marry you?? At Sam & Beaux's wedding, I was sitting behind you two, P was shaking her head no. no. no. And you just kept looking at her w/ a shit-eating grin. Happy bday. Tina

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home