Monday, September 15, 2008

Gumbo Rocks

Well, we made it through another weekend with another hurricane.

Boy, those waves crashing over the sea wall in Gavleston were amazing. The raw power of nature just blows my mind. We tempt nature all the time the way we build stuff all up in the middle of God's creation and then we're amazed when it gets torn down.

I had a good weekend and I feel ready for this week.

Friday night we had our first supper club thing we're doing through our church and we had dinner with some nice folks and ate lots of good oriental food. Our little Vietnamese hostess is just a trip. Try a type-A personality with ADHD and a great attitude and you get a whirlwind of a 5-foot woman that has more energy than anyone should be able to contain.

And nobody had their feelings hurt - which is a good thing since I have been known to push a small crowd into a corner from time to time!

Saturday night we had my beautiful wife's Navajo Mission Team over for a dinner. I neglected to count heads but it was somewhere between 20-30 folks in attendence. I made a huge pot of gumbo which was probably the best I've ever made.

One good thing about being a cook is that you are allowed to judge yourself and vote for how it goes. And this went very well. Sometimes everything just comes together.

But the best thing, according to all the moaning women was the white chocolate bread pudding I made. A huge pan that literally had the girls moaning while all us boys were watching football in the living room.

It's always amazing that chocolate is so effective in bringing smiles to the fairer sex!!!

This week leads up to my love's birthday on Friday. So please, if you see her, let her know how amazing she is and tell her happy birthday. And you may want to mention how much her husband loves her. It usually makes her blush!!!

And don't forget that her birthday, September 19 is also "talk like a pirate day" so please avail yourself of this wonderful holiday and when you do wish her happy birthday, don't forget to throw in an "arrrgggghhhh matey" at the end of it!

It's quite amazing to be in love with someone so wonderful. I have to pinch myself from time to time in order to make sure that all of this is real. She always says that I was just deprived earlier in life so I have nothing to compare it to - but that ain't the whole story. I just happened to fall in love with a wonderful woman and I choose to celebrate that instead of taking it for granted.

I know where my bread is buttered and I promise to spend the rest of my life in joyous recognition of all that rocks in my world.

And boy, does she really rock my world - but the rules put forth by her do not allow me to expound on that subject in this here blog. But let's just say that if I ever decide to write other types of literature, I have a weath of material to choose from!!!

So here's hoping that each of you has the best week ever. If you don't - remember, it just may be your own damn fault!

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home