Monday, April 23, 2007

Tell Me Why I Don't Like Monday's


I'm confused about Monday's at times.


If you follow the Mama's and the Papa's - well Monday is just OK with me.


But if you subscribe to the Boomtown Rats then you don't know why you don't like Mondays. But you really don't like them.


Normally, I love Mondays because usually the problems don't come until later in the week and it's kind of a clean slate type of day.


But this Monday is blue.


I didn't get through with the weekend. I was having fun over the weekend and I didn't want it to end.


Work has, forever and day, been a refuge for me to get away from it all. A place where I was in charge and could sit back and shape events without anyone yelling at me. But as a "free man" who is wonderfuly in love, I now don't want to come to work because I hate leaving her.


So what's a boy to do?


It's also creeping up on the end of the month so I have to move all of my mom's stuff out of her apartment. Yee Hawwwwwww. I hate moving - even if it's not me. But this time, with her in the nursing home, I got to throw away lots of stuff.


Actually, my love got to throw away lots of stuff. She worked over there for 6 hours on Saturday and had a great time going through the pictures and other "stuff". She lasted 4 hours more than I did because my back was killing me this weekend.


But alas, it will be sad. This is the week I have to do SOMETHING with my mom's two cats. And that SOMETHING is to take them to the place where animals get adopted from. I haven't been able to find anyone that wants two cats for inside pets. I don't like cats too much. I'm a dog boy. Actually, I do love cats - but I don't love the cat hair, the litter box and the shredding of the furniture that gets done by the cats.


OK, enough about the cats. Sorry. But it will be sad as I "close out" this phase of my mother's life. I'll keep her furniture in my house at the farm "just in case" she ever gets out of the nursing home - but that probably won't happen since she has no legs and isn't getting any younger. But she at least needs that "hope" of something to make her days pass more pleasantly.


So anyway, I'm not likeing this Monday so much.


Hope yours is better!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home